Time for a Star-Gazy Pie FISH NEWS* ROUND-UP!
- From Conservation Maven: Adverse effects: when stream restoration improves habitat for invasive fish
- Adorable news from Science Daily: 'Squeaker' Catfish Communicate Across Generations
- Science Daily informs us that this is a catfish. Actually, it's about venomous (cat)fish.
- The 47th Circus of the Spineless is up at Beetles in the Bush, an entomology blog. This time around features sea slugs that look Final Fantasy X enemies, the Heike crab, beetles, green bottle flies (useful in determining time of death in human corpses!) and more! YOU KNOW YOU WANNA
- Do you remember basket stars? If not, they were featured in the entry in which I totally called out Oceana on their idea of "freaky fish". The Echinoblog has all sorts of cool stuff up about basket stars AND MORE.
- Indie Squid Kid, who is living the dream of the cephalopod enthusiast, is doing a list of Ten Sensational Squid. You know what you must do.
- Dead sunfish (Mola mola) look more like they eat souls for breakfast than sad. I blame the cavernous empty eye sockets and munchy teeth.
- The ice-cool cats down at Deep Sea News explain that just because a squid is big doesn't make it Giant.
* = news is probably kind of current. Maybe. Guaranteed to be interesting, at least!