Saturday, October 3, 2009

It's that time of year again~!



It's that time of year again: The Social Media Challenge results in Seed Media Group, the maintainers of the ScienceBlogs blogging network (home to such luminaries as Zooillogix and other fine blogs), running a DonorsChoose.org donation drive.  


DonorsChoose.org allows you to contribute funds to a teacher/school in need; you select the project.  This year I am supporting the GeoBloggers' projects, which are listed here.  The project I chose to support involves teaching meteorology to ESL students at a Title I school .  The only way this project could be more up my alley is if it involved cats, weather, Gnosticism and Sumerian.


Any number/types of blogs are participating, a list can be found here, though I am biased towards supporting ScienceBlogs and encourage you to do so as well.  I know some gamers are reading this; looks like Gawker Media (maintainers of Kotaku) is also participating.  Basically, there's something for everyone here.  If you have the means, I strongly encourage you to donate.


SOON TO COME: A SECRET PROJECT THAT I CONCEIVED OF THIS MORNING

No comments:

Post a Comment