Hello! I am A. and this is my blog about ocean life, which is probably longer in coming than it should be.
First, some relevant info: I am not a scientist. I have been called a "science guru" before by a fourth grade teacher, which I guess means someone who knows some science stuff and really enjoys it but don't actually do science. Don't get me wrong, I would do it if I could, but I can't hack the math so I instead I study geography and TESOL (Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages). However, I like science better and make no secret of it.
Here are some recent posts from other ocean blogs I've found of interest:
What some fisherman are saying about the spiny dogfish, courtesy blogfish.
The ecological disaster that is dolphin-safe tuna, from Southern Fried Science
- Fictional fish
- Creepy/scary fish that don't usually show up on scary/creepy fish lists
- Being angry about fish marketing/labeling practices; I rant about incorrectly labeled red snappers in my dreams, so you know it's serious business
- Love for batoids and pretty much anything that lived in the water during the Devonian period
- Freshwater aquarium fish
- Catfish fansites from the Middle East
- The mysterious Oxyrhynchus fish
- The exciting world of competitive betta breeding and showing
- And more!